One of the main issues for automobile buyers thinking about an electric vehicle is the driving range. Range anxiety, or the worry that your EV won’t have enough battery power to finish a trip, is one highly powerful driving force. Driving an EV that suddenly runs out of charge is not anyone’s idea of fun, similar to running out of gas in a conventional vehicle.
In light of this, we gathered 14 EVs that are already on the market and have EPA ratings that are public for the 2022 model year and have a minimum driving range of 300 miles. The cars range in size and type from pickup trucks to crossovers to opulent SUVs and fast sports sedans. Starting at the top with the vehicle that offers the greatest range per recharge, we move down the list.
All ranges are based solely on estimates that the EPA has made. Manufacturer estimates are not acceptable for this list, thus we are not currently including vehicles without EPA figures, such as the GMC Hummer EV truck. Several variables, such as the weather, where you drive, your driving habits, occupancy, and more, may affect your range.
Prices are shown below for the particular trim that offers the greatest driving range. Depending on the trim you select, there can be significant variations in the driving range. We did not include any potential municipal, state, or federal EV tax benefits in our pricing data. The last time this article was updated was in May 2022, so by the time you read this, the range, cost, and availability may have changed.
Vehicles with the Longest Range in Electric
- 2022 520 miles for the Lucid Air Dream Edition R all-wheel drive.
- Tesla Model S Dual-Motor AWD in 2022 travels 405 miles
- Long-range dual-motor AWD Tesla Model 3 in 2022: 358 miles
- 351 miles for the 2022 Tesla Model X Dual-Motor AWD
- 2022 350 miles on a Mercedes-Benz EQS 450
- 2022 Long-range dual-motor AWD Tesla Model Y: 330 miles
- 2022 324 miles for the BMW iX xDrive50
- 320 miles for the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
- Rivian R1S in 2022: 316 kilometers
- Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD 2022 Route 1 in California is 314 miles.
- Rivian R1T in 2022: 314 kilometers
- 2022 Kia EV6 Long Range: 310 miles with rear-wheel drive
- 303 miles for the 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Long Range RWD.
- 301 miles for the 2022 BMW i4 eDrive40 Gran Coupe.